Friday, February 13, 2009

The Journey Of My Life

At the streets of Tauranga was an old lady earning a bit through her harmonium. I was in New Zealand studying Theology and happen to pass that old musician. She stopped me and gave me a piece of wisdom that have germinated in me since.
The problem of existence is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the food thereof determines righteousness. The old lady told me we are not giving the Sabbath to the land as God demanded . It appalled me then how all problem are connected and linked to food production. All I studied seemed futile at this piece of wisdom that said Man and Woman have committed sin in EATING.
The Body lives in the bio-rhythm of the everyday life which somehow I was detached by influence from within or without, I don't know! The imperialist education system for their capitalist agenda is surely a cause. Our relationship with God is through EATING .just like the eucharist but in everyday life! Another fault of the institutions is fragmentation of time of which the body is indispensably one.Time is the body! Remembering death in the cyclic time is the realization of the body.
My constant quest for truth lead me to philosophers and great personages that have now moulded my outlook on life. Today I embrace a life of simplicity that conforms to the basics of the grassroot. Food must be cultivated organically since that is the intention of the Creator. Humans are keepers of the world and not just consumers.
I went to India after a long time in the restorant business. Wanting to learn how spirituality can be infused in the cultural context. India is the place to understand religion. Living in the Ashrams where farming and community are one was rare to find . But still I got a module from sorting out the various places.

No comments:

Post a Comment